Monday, July 16, 2007

Shining brightly

Last year I had a wonderful group of freshman, one of those classes that was like a pet dog - always happy to see you and always eager to play.

Often in these groups there are one or two bright personalities whose magnetism draws out the light in those around them. In this class, there were a good half dozen such lamps. It was a class that added a bit of anticipation to the morning.

Front: Mina, Kae, Ayaka
Back: Fumiya, Ryoko, Rumi, Jeff


Several afternoons ago I was leaving school and ran into one of the young ladies from this class. We spent a few minutes catching up and I don't remember now who did the inviting but we ended up having lunch together the following week. Ryoko asked if she could in the future bring her classmates and for the past few Thursdays we've again been enjoying each others' company.

Last week they brought me a small gift of sembei and the card you see below. I almost cried.


If you guys are reading this, thank you so much. You have given me the best gift anyone could ever give - your time, warmth, and kindness.

I look forward to showing you around Kathmandu!

#

0 comments:

Post a Comment