Friday, October 12, 2007

The Last Resort

One of the best things about my bungy/rafting weekend was having such a beautiful location at which to unwind and spend the night. The Last Resort is located in a rural area, completely undeveloped except for the highway that leads to the Tibetan border about 10 kilometers north.
What you see here are the steps leading down to my room.


And this is my room, a very comfortable tent on a concrete foundation and covered by a thatch roof. I had what was probably the best location, because beyond my tent was nothing but forest.


In fact, beyond my tent looked just like this. Imagine as you look the sound of the river lulling you to sleep, and whisepring good morning as you open your eyes and try to figure out just where you are today.



Sunset in the gorge was gourgeous, as you can see in the photo of the clouds. While I was out there on the bridge shooting the sky, this boy came out to fly his kite.



I wish I could show you the night sky. With no neon or car lights polluting the sky and not a cloud to hide them, the stars were twinkly bright. I even saw a shooting star.

#



0 comments:

Post a Comment